Here are 10 behaviors that we can always control that require zero talent yet have a huge impact on our success.
1. Being on time. Punctuality is a keystone habit that requires organization and planning ahead—both of which lead to greater success.
2. Work ethic. This is the discipline of showing up consistently and making the best decisions that lead to peak performance.
3. Effort. Effort is a mindset as much as it is a behavior.
4. Body language. How you move and express yourself around others shapes who you are and how you are perceived.
5. Energy. Be conscious about where yours goes.
6. Attitude. It’s up to you to keep going. A great attitude maximizes the talent that you do have and offsets what you lack.
7. Passion. Perhaps the single most important way each one of us can suffocate the fear that keeps us from peak performance.
8. Being coachable. Anyone can become a better listener, learn from feedback, and embrace the success of others.
9. Doing extra. Go the extra mile. Extra work and preparation foster confidence.
10. Being prepared. Be as ready as you can be. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.